TenThings – Finding Content to Share with your Social Media Channels
You have convinced your Board of Directors and Staff that having a social media presence is of benefit to your non-profit association. Having regular content to share with your members is a great way to keep them engaged with your organization. The question now becomes where do you find this content? Listed below are 10 sources to help get you started!
TenThings: Finding Content to Share with your Social Media Channels
- Website Blog – Once your blog is written make the most of the content by sharing.
- Event Calendar – What events will be happening within your organization that you can post reminders? Early bird registration dates, 30 day countdown until the event, last chance to participate are great posts to share.
- Press Releases – Make sure that any press release is also shared online.
- Holiday Messages – While most take advantage of the Christmas and New Year’s; but what about Thanksgiving, President’s Day or Veteran’s Day? This of course is dependent on your membership base and location.
- Member Profiles – Share a featured member of your association. Have them provide a statement as to why membership is so important! Great marketing tool.
- Recycle – Review your website, association journal or conference archives to see what can be re-shared.
- Listen – What are others posting on various social media channels? Re-post
- Canva – This free app has lots of great ideas for graphic content posts.
- Pinterest – Nearly every topic can be found on a Pinterest board. Great source for images that tell your story.
- Feedly – Set up searches on keywords of interest to see what has been published online in various blogs or news outlets.
Keeping your social media platforms current with valuable content is necessary to increase user engagement. Search, repost, share!