For many non-profit associations there is a desire to create an online community. There are many options to accomplish this goal, one of which is the use of a LinkedIn Group. This feature is a great opportunity to bring together individuals with a common cause or interest with a platform they are currently using. Listed below are #TenThings you need to know to successfully setup and administer a LinkedIn Group:
- Linkedin groups provide your members with the opportunity to come together to discuss a common topic.
- Groups allow you to create communities that may not have been able to come together by other means.
- Groups give you the opportunity to build your own network to benefit your association.
- Use the messaging capability to send regular messages members
- By using the automated email templates, you have the ability to communicate your association’s message and purpose when someone joins the group.
- Setup up pre-approved members to save you time in the approval process.
- Allow your members to invite others to grow your group quickly.
- Make sure to include your website information in order to drive traffic to your website.
- Groups can be either public or closed.
- Post job opportunities to add value to the members.
LinkedIn Groups can be a powerful tool and valuable asset for your association membership. It’s a great way to connect your community in an easy to use platform.