While there are over 1 billion users of Facebook, there are many who still have not decided to join the platform. Listed below are a few tips to keep in mind when joining or using Facebook.
The ten things you need to know about Facebook:
- Take the time to review the privacy settings of your page on a regular basis. The Facebook privacy settings are very thorough and easily customizable. Because Facebook is continually trying to improve the settings, it is necessary to update on a regular basis.
- You can customize each posting based on who you would like to see the post. Posts can be public, for friends only or for a specific listing of individuals.
- You can turn off game notifications
- You can follow/unfollow someone without becoming friends. When doing so however, you will only see the individual’s public posts.
- You can select the types of posts you wish to see first in your newsfeed. Change your notification to “see first” for either friends, groups or pages.
- Lists are a way to group friends/family and/or colleagues.
- You can remove yourself from tag posts or tag photos.
- You can hide your friends list.
- The newsfeed can be toggled between the most recent postings and the most popular in your network.
- Use Common Sense! If something doesn’t seem right, it probably isn’t.
Facebook is here to stay and will be for a very long time. Investing the time to learn the various features will only improve your overall user experience.